Piano Pedagogy Certificate
Teach piano professionally
Interested in teaching piano lessons?
Earn a certificate in piano pedagogy - a 25-hour course of study designed to teach you how to teach piano to future enthusiasts. The certificate is available to both music majors and non-music majors. An audition/conference is required before acceptance into the program.
"My music explores...the redemptive intervention of a very real God in the affairs of the human race."
- Jesse Ayers Professor of Music
Certification requires the following 25 hours of coursework:
- MUS 154 Keyboard Harmony II
- MUS 156 Music Theory II
- MUS 166 Aural Skills II
- MUS 253 Keyboard Harmony III
- MUS 255 Music Theory III
- MUS 265 Aural Skills III
- MUS 341 Piano Pedagogy/Practicum
- MUS 342 Piano Literature/Practicum
- MUS 372 Music History & Literature II
- MUS 200 and above Applied Piano
- MUS 220 1 Piano Ensemble
- Lecture Recital (30 to 45 minutes duration)
- A year of teaching a minimum of four students per term in the Malone Piano Preparatory Program
Before entering this program, students must attain the 200 level of performance. An audition and conference is required before a student can be accepted.