Voice Pedagogy Certification
Become certified to teach voice lessons...
Interested in teaching voice lessons?
The certificate in voice pedagogy is a 25-hour course of study designed to teach you how to improve their vocal performance in a studio setting. The certificate is available to both music majors and non-majors. An audition/conference is required before acceptance into the program.
The certificate in Voice Pedagogy requires:
- MUS 154 Keyboard Harmony II
- MUS 156 Music Theory II
- MUS 166 Aural Skills II
- MUS 253 Keyboard Harmony III
- MUS 255 Music Theory III
- MUS 265 Aural Skills III
- MUS 332 Choral and Vocal Methods
- MUS 351 Voice Pedagogy/Practicum
- MUS 352 Vocal Literature/Practicum
- MUS 372 Music History and Literature II
As well as:
- MUS 200 and above Applied Voice
- Lecture Recital (30-45 minutes duration)
- A year of teaching a minimum of four students per term in the Malone Voice Preparatory Program
Before entering this program, students must attain the 200 level of performance. An audition and conference is required before a student can be accepted.