Exercise Science, BA
Help people improve their quality of life!
Exercise science is a profession that helps people improve the quality of their lives - and could even save lives.
In this study of the body's physiological and functional adaptations to movement, you will choose from among three concentrations: pre-physical therapy, exercise physiology, and fitness promotions and personal training.
"I really never have a boring day at work..."
- Dustin Grimm' 08
Forensic Chemist, American Institute of Toxicology
The core requirements for the exercise science major include:
- BIOL 190 - Nutrition
- EXSC 212 - Human Fitness Assessment
- EXSC 313 - Kinesiology
- EXSC 334 - HHP Practicum
- EXSC 413 - Physiology of Activity
- EXSC 435 - Internship in Human Performance
- EXSC 461 - Fitness Programming and Prescription
- HED 300 - Community and Consumer Health
- HED 382 - Health Psychology
- HED 442 - Biostatistics and Epidemiology
- PE 100 - Personal Wellness
- PE 215 - Anatomical Structure and Function
- PE 265 - Introduction to Fitness, Physical Education, and Sport
- PE 332 - Motor Behavior
- PE 345 - Sociology of Sport