Forensic Chemistry Track - Chemistry Major
Study the science behind the crime!
Learn to analyze evidence from crime scenes - then explain and defend your results.
This degree prepares you to work in a federal, state, or county laboratory. You'll study environmental chemistry, forensic chemistry, and do an internship in the field.
"I really never have a boring day at work..."
- Dustin Grimm' 08
Forensic Chemist, American Institute of Toxicology
Forensic Chemistry Track
Recommended additional courses:
Core courses in chemistry major:
- CHEM 131 - General Chemistry I
- CHEM 132 - General Chemistry II
- CHEM 201 - Stewardship and Safety in Chemical Practice
- CHEM 221 - Organic Chemistry I
- CHEM 312 - Inorganic Chemistry
- CHEM 322 - Organic Chemistry II
- CHEM 335 - Analytical Chemistry
- CHEM 374 - Biochemistry I
- CHEM 401 - Physical Chemistry I
- MATH 201 - Calculus I
- MATH 202 - Calculus II
- PHYS 211 - General Physics I
- PHYS 212 - General Physics II