Malone University's Pre-Professional Club was established in 2011 to assist students who are planning to pursue further education at professional schools.
Semi-monthly meetings help students navigate through what can be a complicated application process, present updates in medical literature, and host guest speakers from various professional schools.
Adviser is Nicholette Rogers, PA, Ph.D.
Some activities we are planning for the Fall semester:
Our mentoring program which matches upperclassmen with underclassmen. This helps focus new members on career choices.
- A workshop on how to prepare personal statements for graduate applications
- Timelines of medical education (including MD, DO, DVM, OD, PA programs)
- Bonfire/game night at Dr. Rogers home
Here's where some of our members who graduated in 2014 are now:
- Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine (two students)
- University of Pittsburgh Physician Assistant Studies Program
- University of Pittsburgh research assistant
- West Virginia University's School of Medicine's Pathologists Assistant Program
Here's where some of our members who graduated in 2013 are now:
- University of California Davis College of Veterinary Medicine
- Ohio State University College of Ophthalmology
- Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine
- University of Wisconsin Graduate School of Chemistry
- Marietta College Physician Assistant Program
- Cooperative Medical Technology Program of Akron
We are SO proud of them!
PPC officers for 2014-2015:
President: Lanie Steigner, yfgrvtare1+znybar+rqh
Vice president: Josiah Smith, wqfzvgu2+znybar+rqh
Secretary: Charlie Bancroft, pronapebsg1+znybar+rqh
Treasurer: Charles Seymour, ppfrlzbhe1+znybar+rqh