Pre-Professional Track - Biology Major
Prepare for medical or professional school, with a focus on biology.
Preparing for a medical career?
This is the biology-focused track you can choose to help you get into dental, medical, optometry, or veterinary school. All biology majors study a core of courses in biology, botany, zoology, genetics, and chemistry.
"I really never have a boring day at work..."
- Dustin Grimm' 08
Forensic Chemist, American Institute of Toxicology
The Pre-Professional Track courses include the Biology core courses, supporting core courses, and the following courses:
- BIOL 313 - Principles of Immunology
- BIOL 375 - Molecular Biology
- BIOL 381 - General Ecology
- One Biology elective at the 300/400 level (lab or non-lab)
- CHEM 221 - Organic Chemistry I
- CHEM 322 - Organic Chemistry II
- MATH 201 - Calculus I
- PHYS 211 - General Physics I
- PHYS 212 - General Physics II
Graduate and Professional Schools
Students preparing for graduate and professional schools (medical, dental, veterinary, etc.) are encouraged to seek the guidance of an adviser on the importance and relevance of including the following courses in their schedules: