"What is God, through the Spirit, calling me to do for Christ's Kingdom?"
A Psychology or Research Practicum can help you to discern your calling.
Our students have engaged in the following kinds of practicum experiences...
- Agencies that provide support services for individuals with various illnesses
- Alcohol and substance abuse programs
- Child and adolescent treatment programs
- Inpatient psychiatric programs
- Residential care programs
- School and workshop-based MRDD programs
- Social service / child protective service programs
- Shelters and half-way houses
Our students have participated in faculty-led research on...
- Aging and aesthetic perception
- Aging wellness and memory in adulthood
- Alzheimer's disease and memory change
- Art production and creativity in adulthood
- Co-constructivist parent-child interactions in preschool age
- Critique of nouthetic counseling
- Emerging adults' personality, attitude, and belief correlates of interest in study abroad
- Home predictors of adjustment to school
- Interventions for long-term care of persons with neurodegenerative diseases
- Post-stroke wellness and linguistic expression
- The role of environmental context in episodic memory