Business Analytics Minor
Learn the scientific process of transforming data into insight to know how to make better business decisions.
"Analytics is the scientific process of transforming data into insight for making better decisions." [The Institute for Operations Research and Management Science (INFORMS)]
By using techniques such as mathematical modeling to analyze complex situations, analytics gives executives the power to make more effective decisions and build more productive systems.
Requirements for the Business Analytics minor are:
- MATH 303 Probability and Statistics I
- MATH 304 Probability and Statistics II *
- BUS 371 Management of Information Systems
- BUS 423 Operations Management
- BUS 445 Business Analytics: Management Science
- BUS 457/MBA 557 - Business Intelligence for Managers and Organizations **
Students are encouraged to take MATH 303 and 304 in their sophomore year.
*Students who successfully earn credit for MATH 304 will have the requirement of BUS 240 waived for the Business Administration major, Accounting major, and Sport Management major, and any impacted minors.
**This course will be taken as it fits into the MBA schedule, and so students should consult with their adviser about the MBA schedule for planning on when to take the course.