Curriculum, Instruction, and Professional Development
Gain knowledge and leadership skills to help other teachers transform their students' learning experience as you prepare for an Administrative Specialist license.
Program content includes educational leadership and organization, curriculum development and instructional design, and school law and ethics.
"My father called me 'teacher' because it was a dream come true for him..."
- Moses Rumano
Assistant Professor of Education
Foundation Courses (12-14 hours):
- EDUC 503 - Social and Cultural Diversity from a Christian Worldview
- EDUC 510 - Techniques of Research
- EDUC 511 - Action Research
- EDUC 624 - Critical Issues in Education
- EDUC 696 - Graduate Research Project
Required Core Courses (9 hours):
- EDSU 540 - Educational Leadership and Organization
- EDUC 520 - Curriculum Theory and Development
- EDUC 522 - Instructional Theory and Design
Required Cognate Courses (15 hours)
- EDSU 631 - Practicum in Staff and Curriculum Development I
- EDSU 634 - Practicum in Staff and Curriculum Development II
- EDSU 652 - School Law and Ethics
- EDSU 656 - Introduction to Educational Supervision and Staff Development
- EDUC 530 - Applied Learning Theory
- EDUC 572 - Technology Applied to Instruction