Foster a love for literature!
Deepen your understanding of literacy and how to teach reading as you prepare for the Ohio reading endorsement.
Course work presents multiple methods of teaching reading including phonics, assessment and intervention of reading difficulties, creativity in reading instruction, and language development and differences.
"My father called me 'teacher' because it was a dream come true for him..."
- Moses Rumano
Assistant Professor of Education
- EDUC 503 - Social and Cultural Diversity from a Christian Worldview
- EDUC 510 - Techniques of Research
- EDUC 511 - Action Research
- EDUC 624 - Critical Issues in Education
- EDUC 696 - Graduate Research Project
Required Core Courses (20 hours)
- EDUC 540 - Criticism of Children’s and Young Adults’ Literature
- EDUC 542 - Reading in the Content Areas
- EDUC 544 - Phonics and Structure of English Language
- EDUC 546 - Theory and Practice of the Teaching of Reading
- EDUC 547 - Language Development and Differences
- EDUC 632 - Practicum in Reading
- EDUC 647 - Literacy Assessment and Intervention
Electives (2-4 hours)
Choose from among: