Teacher Education Information
Mission and Vision
The mission of the Teacher Education Program is to, in collaboration with liberal arts faculty and PK-12 educational partners, provide a biblically-based education which prepares knowledgeable, reflective, collaborative educators committed to serving others in order that all individuals may learn and develop to their fullest potential and interact with each other and their environment with respect, compassion, and fairness.
We believe that by preparing educational professionals, within the context of Christian faith, to be intellectually mature, reflective, collaborative, and committed to serving others, we are helping to shape a better future for our world in which each learner will be able to develop his/her fullest potential and interact with others and his/her environment with respect, compassion, and fairness.
The motto of the Teacher Education Program is "Educators Serving Together," supported by our theme verse, I Corinthians 12:14, "For the body is not one member, but many." Educators must recognize that communities, including educational communities, are diverse and have unique values and needs.
Our purpose and goals are focused on preparing candidates committed to serving others collaboratively and who demonstrate through their knowledge, skills, and dispositions competencies which promote the growth of each learner.
Please refer to the handbook that you received in EDUC 112/114.
- 2016-2017 Teacher Education Handbook (undergraduate)
- 2015-2016 Teacher Education Handbook (undergraduate)
- 2014-2015 Teacher Education Handbook (undergraduate)
Please refer to the handbook dated at the time of your admission.
Acknowledgement of Responsibility & Recommendation Forms
- Acknowledgement of Responsibility (undergraduate)
- Acknowledgement of Responsibility (graduate)
- Admission to Teacher Education Faculty Recommendation Form (Gate 1)
- Candidacy for Clinical Experience Faculty Recommendation Form (Gate 2)