Study how diseases work - and how to prevent them!
Are you interested in studying how, when, and where diseases occur?
Learn to determine what factors are associated with particular diseases as you train to use science to help people improve their lives.
"I teach HIV/AIDS education where..the country's rate of HIV is the third highest in the world."
- Brandon Delise
Community Health Education (BA) Alumnus, 2009, Peace Corps Volunteer
The Epidemiology concentration consists of a major in Community and Public Health Promotion and a Biology minor.
After completing this program, you will be eligible to pursue a Masters of Science (MS) in Epidemiology or a Masters of Public Health (MPH).
After completing this program, you also will be eligible to take the national Certified Health Education Specialist Examination (CHES).
Community and Public Health Promotion Major Course Requirements:
- HED 200 - Health Promotion and Education
- HED 300 - Community and Public Health
- HED 322 - Global Health
- HED 342 - Introduction to Illness and Diseases
- HED 357 - Death and the Human Experience
- HED 361 - Drug Education
- HED 372 - Environmental Health
- HED 373 - Health and Aging
- HED 382 - Health Psychology and Behavior
- HED 425 - Health and Sexuality Education
- HED 430 - Community and Public Health Promotion Internship
- HED 431 - Program Planning and Evaluation
- HED 435 - Strategies and Practice in Health Promotion
- HED 442 - Biostatistics and Epidemiology
- BIOL 131 - Human Anatomy and Physiology I
- BIOL 132 - Human Anatomy and Physiology II