Youth/Educational Ministries, BA
Interested in serving youth and families?
This major provides students with a broad preparation for the varieties of ways the gospel of Christ is presented in today's society. The particular focus of this major is to prepare students for innovative ministries with a specific focus on adolescents and young adults and also to oversee all educational ministries of a local church.
"Writing is actually the very core of good teaching."
- Duane Watson
Professor of New Testament Studies
A major in Youth/Educational Ministries consists of the following:
Department of Theology Core Requirements (30 hours)
- BIBL 201 - Hermeneutics
- BIBL 300-400 Old Testament (3 hours)
- BIBL 300-400 New Testament (3 hours)
- MIN 101 - Calling & Service: Introduction to Christian Ministry
- MIN 421 - Communicating the Christian Faith
- MIN 430 - Christian Ministries Internship (3 hours)
- THEO 201 - History of Christian Thought
- THEO 331 - Christian Theology I
- THEO 332 - Christian Theology II
- THEO 342 - Spiritual Formation
- THEO 460 - Senior Seminar
Foundational Ministries Major Requirements (6 hours)
Youth/Educational Ministries Track (24 hours)