Malone Ranked in Top 10 in Nation
for Online Financial Assistance
Top Degrees Online released its evaluation of the top 25 universities offering the best financial aid for online bachelor's degrees, with Canton's Malone University ranking #9 nationally, and the only Ohio college or university to make the list.
Malone's online bachelor's degree is also listed among U.S. News Best Online Bachelor's Programs and AffordableCollegesOnline (ACO)'s Best Lifetime Return on Investment list for the State of Ohio.
Malone University's online bachelor's degrees include:
- The Malone Management Program, an accelerated degree completion in management which offers majors in Organizational Management, Health Services Management, Marketing Management, Environmental Management, and coming this fall, Business Accounting Management.
- RN to BSN Hybrid degree - This program blends online learning with the traditional classroom environment spread over 14 months. This program is particularly appealing for students who desire the convenience of online learning while retaining the face-to-face learning experiences that build and strengthen professional relationships.
- Social Work Associate's to Bachelor's Degree Completion Program - also an online and in-classroom combination.
Malone incorporates the same acclaimed delivery system to its online master's degrees, including:
- MBA – master's in business administration
- MAOL – master of arts in organizational leadership
- MSN – master of science in nursing – now, as of Summer 2014, offered as a hybrid, blending online learning with the traditional classroom environment
ALSO coming this fall is a combined MMP in Organizational Management with the MAOL degree, leading to an even more accelerated route to a master's degree.
According to Top Degrees Online: Many of today's college students are seeking out online bachelor's degrees with the best institutional financial aid in order to begin the process of earning a college degree. Online colleges and universities offer a tremendous amount of flexibility for busy professionals, those who may have family commitments and those who live a considerable distance from a traditional campus-based program. Many distance learning institutions use a flexible format, where there are no daily deadlines, but instead, students must pace themselves to finish materials by a weekly, monthly or end-of-term due date. Institutional financial aid, in the form of institutional grants and scholarships, can drastically cut tuition-related costs. This type of aid has advantages over federal student loans because scholarships and grants offered by institutions do not need to be paid back, which helps make earning a degree far more affordable.
Ranking Methodology: The list includes the 25 top online bachelor's degrees that also have the highest percentage of students receiving institutional financial aid. In order to compile the list, the first step was looking at the top 100 institutions for online bachelor's degrees, as ranked by the US News and World Report. Then, for each school on the list, the percentage of students receiving institutional grants or scholarships was determined from the data at College Navigator. Out of 100 schools, four of them did not provide data regarding the percentage of students receiving institutional financial aid, so those schools were omitted from the final list. Finally, the list was sorted from the lowest percentage to the highest percentage, with the 25 institutions with the highest percentage of in-house financial aid being included on our list. Prior to selecting the top 25, the percentages of students receiving institutional financial aid ranged from 0% to 100%, with the average being 62%.