Application Requirements for International Students
Before applying for admission to Malone University, international students must have successfully completed secondary education requirements or anticipate completion of the semester preceding entrance to the University.
Admission to Malone University is selective. To be considered for admission, you should submit the following materials:
1. A completed Malone application form.
2. Certified copies of original records and transcripts mailed by the registrar of each secondary school, college, or university attended (translations not acceptable without a copy of the original).
If you have earned university-level course credits in a foreign country comparable to the course credits in the United States system, you must transfer those credits to Malone University.
Upon receipt of the evaluation of transcripts from FCSA or WES, Malone University will determine which credits will be applied toward a degree. Please note that no I-20 will be granted unless this requirement is satisfied.
3. The results of the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT I) or Academic College Test (ACT) if English is your primary language. Malone University does not use the Writing portion of the ACT or SAT when determining admission decisions or scholarship amounts. Scores must be sent directly from the testing agency.
4. The results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or of the English Language Testing System (IELTS) for applicants for whom English is not the native language. Scores must be sent directly from the testing agency---please note the following requirements:
TOEFL Paper-Based Total: 550
TOEFL Computer-Based Total: 213
TOEFL Internet-Based Total: 79-80
- IELTS: 6
5. Two reference forms from teachers, pastors, etc. (click here to print form)
6. A signed and notarized Affidavit of Support from a parent, guardian, or sponsor. (click here to print form)
7. If accepted, a $2,000 US deposit is required in advance of issuance of the I-20 for receipt of a student VISA ($200 deposit if Canadian or a United States resident). The deposit is necessary in order to reserve housing and register for classes.
Upon receipt of the student VISA, travel arrangements may be initiated. Also, please note that Malone University requires full payment for each semester before classes begin.
Please know that the U.S. Department of Homeland Security charges a fee to any international student applying for a visa. The fee will be collected by mail or by credit card via the Internet. This fee must be paid before applying for a visa to enter the United States.
Scholarships may be available on the basis of academic, music, or athletic merit. Financial Aid awards continue for the typical length of time required to complete a degree program, as long as the student remains in good academic standing and is in compliance with the Malone University Community Agreement.