Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
The following is a list of what Malone University would consider essential to the position of Associate Vice President for Advancement but should not be considered a complete list:
- Assists the Vice President for Advancement and leads the Directors in the development of overall cultivation and fund raising strategies and operational plans to increase philanthropy, engage constituents and achieve or exceed annual fund raising goals.
- Proposes yearly budget recommendations to support the fund raising strategies and operational plans. Oversees the budgets assigned to the identified Directors to ensure sound fiscal expenditures and management.
- Leads and assists in the development of a highly effective team of fund raising individuals who make successful and lasting contributions to the University’s mission and strategic plan through their fund raising gifts, talents, and efforts. This will include articulating clear expectations and objectives and assessing results on an annual and as needed basis.
- Actively engages and manages a portfolio of approximately 50 major donor prospects and contributors, including identification, cultivation, solicitation, securing of gifts, and ongoing stewardship relationships. Completes an average minimum of twenty (20) monthly visits to major donor prospects and contributors.
- Supports the activities and efforts of the Vice President for Advancement in managing the engagement of prospects for major university priorities and conferring on strategic goals and directions.
- Identifies, engages and supports key volunteers in numerous advancement activities and manages their engagement of prospects for major university priorities and confers on strategic goals and directions with volunteers.
- Ensures - through appropriate staffing and oversight - the effective and efficient planning and execution of significant University events such as, but not limited to: football press box activities, donor dinners, Christmas Dinner/concert, homecoming, and Parents’ Weekend.
- Collaborates with Development colleagues to ensure timely and appropriate stewardship of targeted donors.
- Maintains personal prospect tracking records and reports accurately and efficiently that information to the Development Researcher.
- Makes recommendations for movement of assigned donors to major gift tracking.
- In consultation with the Vice President of Advancement and the Directors, develops gift strategies, proposals, prospect/donor visitation, and related follow up.
- Assists the Vice President for Advancement in establishing appropriate policies and procedures with regard to effective and proper management of the University’s advancement database and confidential information.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of University programs and priorities and its administrative and financial organization.
- Represents the Development office at University events and alumni functions.
- Manages, trains, encourages and aids in the equipping of staff.
- Strives to reflect the University’s Foundational Principals to co-workers and constituents.
- Fulfills other duties assigned as assigned.