Instructor of Nursing
I have been married to my husband, Bob, for more than 30 years and have two sons. I have a spoiled cat, Puma, and a spoiled dog (Keaton) along with two aquariums. I enjoy camping, sewing, and reading mysteries in my spare time.
- Diploma in Nursing, Massillon Community Hospital School of Nursing
- B.S.N., Kent State University
- M.S.N., University of Phoenix
I have worked full-time and part-time throughout my career in nursing:
- Riverside Methodist Hospital in a Cardio-thoracic step-down unit
- Aultman Hospital CCU, Hemodialysis, and MICU/SICU
- Union Hospital ICU, SameDay Surgery, Outpatient Cardiac Testing, and Critical Care Educator
- Mercy Medical Center CVS, CVI, and CCU
- Kent State Tuscarawas Nursing Program Med/Surg, Critical Care, and Psychiatric Care
- Currently - Affinity Medical Care for ICU
- Currently - Malone University
I teach classes in both the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) and the RN to BSN degree completion program.
Recent Scholarly Work
- Legal Aspects of Documentation in Nursing presentation
- Poster Presentation on Monitoring Paralyzed Patients
- Currently working towards publication of my documentation study; as well as studying for the CCRN exam.