The major in Bible and Theology is designed to provide an understanding of the Bible, history of Christian thought, and theological doctrines. It provides excellent preparation for students who desire to pursue graduate studies in a seminary or university. Both female and male students following God's call to missionary service, pastoral leadership, preaching, and teaching are encouraged to pursue this major. Recently, Forbes listed this degree as one of the "Top 10 College Degrees For Getting Hired Right out of School."
Much of your learning will be hands-on experience through a church or parachurch setting.
- Internships are a vital part of this program.
- Our professors are published authors and renowned practitioners in their fields.
- Many of our professors come from different faith traditions. You'll study and hopefully gain an appreciation for a wide variety of traditions.
- You'll have the chance to plan your own events - such as a camp or youth conference.
- Each year students preach in community worship and have numerous opportunities for experiential ministry.
- Pastor a church
- Work in youth ministry
- Become a missionary, evangelist, or teacher
- Work for a ministry or non-profit organization
- Become a counselor
- Work in church administration
- Become a biblical scholar
Malone's theology programs require an internship. Our professors help connect you with local churches and parachurches throughout the Northeast Ohio region - and you are welcome to select other internships throughout the nation or world. Our students have interned at large and small churches. Just a few include: The Chapel, First Friends Church, LoveCanton, Rivertree Christian Church, and NewPointe Community Church.
Our graduates are pastors of churches large and small, missionaries, music and educational ministers, youth pastors, business owners, Bible teachers, college professors, ministry and non-profit leaders, chaplains of hospitals, and more.
Many of our department's alumni go on to attend graduate school and have attended prestigious programs at institutions such as:
- George Evangelical Seminary
- Princeton Theological Seminary
- Duke Divinity School
- University of Illinois at Chicago
- University of Michigan
- Pittsburgh Theological Seminary
- Fuller Theological Seminary
- Fresno Pacific Biblical Seminary
- Trinity International University
- Asbury Theological Seminary