Our Music programs are notable for the depth and breadth of opportunities they offer, no matter what type of music career you’re seeking. Performance and composition are important pieces of the overall masterwork that you’ll create: a successful career in the field where your God-given talents lie.
At Malone, we are inspired by beauty in all its forms and value music as an expression of God’s blessings on Earth.
Under the direction of our nationally-renowned faculty, Malone's academic programs for musicians are selective and demanding in preparation for a career in music.
Malone University is an accredited member of the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM).
The Department of Music offers degree programs in Music Education and Music, with emphases in General Music, Music Ministry, and Music Production. (Click the links to visit program information in the academic catalog!)
As part of Malone University’s College of Theology, Arts & Sciences, the Department of Music offers degree programs in Music, with emphases in General Music, Music Education, Music Ministry, and Music Production. Certificate programs in Piano Pedagogy and Voice Pedagogy are also offered and scholarships are available through audition.
You’ll learn through doing:
- Get involved in one of our performance ensembles
- Interpret the classics or compose a new work of your own
- Learn to evaluate music through the study of a wide range of musical styles
- Hone your skills in music production
- Take advantage of inspiring music internships
- Performance groups draw students from across campus. This gives everyone an opportunity to use their talents and add depth to the various entities. The groups also do a lot of touring throughout the nation and the world.
Malone has state-of-the-art recording studios and new facilities with the latest recording technology.
Our practice room suite contains 10 Wenger self-contained practice rooms where students have the ability to change the acoustics. Settings range from a cathedral to a recording studio and everything in between!
Malone is one of the few Christian schools of its size to have a marching band. The band performs at half-time during home games and also in contests.
Students receive individualized attention. You don’t get lost in the shuffle: professors know you by name and work hard at offering you the best education possible.
The Music program awards numerous performance scholarships.
- Music teacher
- Arts manager
- Choral conductor
- Worship leader
- Band director
- Recording technician
Here's a sampling of positions and honors:
- High school marching band directors
- High school choral conductors
- Elementary school music teachers
- Associate pastor for music and worship at Salem Friends Church
- Schloss Mirabell Competition winner in Salzburg, Austria
- Arden J. Yockey Scholarship for Voice winner
- Executive for Atlantic Records
- Contralto, performing at Carnegie Hall and around the world