6488-Malone University music outreach group New Vision to perform National Anthem at Canton Charge Game January 19
6488-December 13, 2012
The Malone University music outreach group, New Vision, will perform the National Anthem prior to the 7 p.m. tip-off at the Canton Charge game Saturday, January 19. In addition, Malone scholar athletes will be honored at halftime, and sports management majors will get a "behind-the-scenes" look at the inner-workings of a professional basketball team office.
The development league Charge basketball team plays at the Canton Civic Center, located at 1101 Market Avenue North in Canton.
New Vision is a music ministry team made up of six incredible vocalists and worship leaders who are not only excellent musicians, students and friends, but have a sincere love for the Lord and desire to serve Him with their lives. They have prepared a wide selection of songs and styles including gospel, contemporary Christian, hymn arrangements, patriotic and secular favorites – ideal for churches, schools, camps, conferences, and civic events.
Members of New Vision are:
- Halle St. John, a senior communication arts major from Twinsburg
- Rebecca Fiecoat, a junior middle childhood education major from Mount Vernon
- Aaron Woods, a sophomore business administration major from North Canton
- Rebecca Everhart, a junior nursing major from Edinboro, Penn.
- Emily Butterfield, a junior music production major from Minerva
- Seth Rinehart, a freshman exercise science major from Clinton
- Marcus Cunningham (sound), a senior music production major from Andover
Malone University, a Christian university for the arts, sciences, and professions in the liberal arts tradition, affiliated with the Evangelical Friends Church, awards both undergraduate and graduate degrees in more than 100 academic programs. Malone has been recognized by the prestigious Templeton Foundation as a leader in character development, as one of Northeast Ohio’s Top Workplaces by the Cleveland Plain Dealer, and is ranked among the top colleges and universities in the Midwest under the category Regional Universities according to U.S. News & World Report's America's Best Colleges 2015
Suzanne Thomas, APR
Director of University Relations
2600 Cleveland Avenue N.W., Canton, OH, 44709