6292-NEO Regional Meeting on Sexual Violence
6292-March 2, 2012
Malone University will be the site of the Northeastern Ohio regional meeting of Ohio Safer Campus on Sexual and Intimate Partner Violence and Stalking, March 22, from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. on the campus located at 2600 Cleveland Avenue N.W. in Canton. The meeting is free and open to the public.
Speakers will include:
- Debra Seltzer, Ohio Department of Health
- Chris Abrams, Ed.D., vice president for student development, Malone University
- Rick Amweg, Ohio Board of Regents
- Beth Malchus, Ohio Department of Health
- Katie Hannah, Ohio Alliance to End Sexual Violence
- Gabe Wright, Ohio Domestic Violence Network
- Jasmine Finnie, Ohio Alliance to End Sexual Violence
- Corina Klies, University of Akron, MSW intern, Ohio Department of Health and Ohio Domestic Violence Network
- Alex Leslie, Cleveland Rape Crisis Center
- Leslie Graves, Every Woman's House, and College of Wooster
- Dan Clark, Cleveland Rape Crisis Center
- Amanda Rolf, program coordinator, Violence Prevention and Action Center, John Carroll University
Upon completion of the program, participants will be able to:
- Identify three ways to continue implementing Ohio's Safer Campus recommendations and the "Dear Colleague" letter on their campuses.
- Discuss Ohio's definition for prevention and how it is different from the "Dear Colleague" letter.
- Discuss three strengths in having an organized sexual assault response team.
- Identify regional campus partners to share strategies and solutions that are applicable for Ohio's colleges and universities.
- Provide input to state agencies for next steps for creating safer Ohio campuses.
For more information, contact Sandy Johnson, director of special programs at Malone University, 330.471.8271 or email her: fwbuafba+znybar+rqh
Malone University, a Christian university for the arts, sciences, and professions in the liberal arts tradition, affiliated with the Evangelical Friends Church, awards both undergraduate and graduate degrees in more than 100 academic programs. Malone is recognized by the prestigious Templeton Foundation as a leader in character development, named an NAIA Champions of Character Five Star Award winner, and is ranked among the top colleges and universities in the Midwest under the category Regional Universities according to U.S.News & World Report's America's Best Colleges 2012.
Suzanne Thomas, APR
Director of University Relations
2600 Cleveland Avenue N.W., Canton, OH, 44709