6329-Malone University Cheerleaders Three-Peat National Championship
6329-April 26, 2012
Members of the Malone University Pioneer Cheerleading squad are – for the third consecutive year – National Champions!
The Pioneer squad traveled to Columbus for the 2012 Arnold Classic Cheerleading Competition, hosted by US Spirit. A variety of schools -- including all star squads, community teams, and colleges from all over the world -- competed on the national stage. The Malone Pioneer squad earned the title of National Champions in the category small-medium all-female college squad. The previous two championship finishes were through the Christian Cheerleader Association.
Other co-ed colleges that competed were Youngstown State, Urbana, and Mountain State Universities. The cheerleaders brought home the trophy and banner which will be displayed in the University's trophy case located in Osborne Hall.
The 2012 Pioneer competition team includes:
- Amanda Zima, a freshman nursing major from Hookstown, Penn.
- Alyssa Coverdale, a freshman nursing major from Brooklyn
- Ashley Song, a senior business administration major from Aurora. Ashley is also competing in the World Cheerleading Championships in Orlando, Florida, this week.
- Ashley Hess, a sophomore biology (pre-professional) major from Shelby
- Bethany McClintock, a sophomore intervention specialist (education) major from Massillon
- Dakota Chastain, a freshman integrated language arts major from Wooster
- Elizabeth Hamlin, a junior nursing major from Navarre
- Lauren Pahl, a freshman middle childhood education major from Mansfield
- Logan Cole, a senior intervention specialist (education) major from Eighty-Four, Penn.
- Melissa Campanale, a sophomore business administration major from Uniontown
- Rachel Slack, a senior intervention specialist (education) major from Massillon
- Shelby Stover, a junior middle childhood education major from Akron
- Sasha Ingram, a senior political science major from Canton
- Sarah Fredritz, a freshman undecided major from Bluffton
- Sarah Levering, a sophomore psychology major from Malvern
- Tara Tressel, a junior intervention specialist (education) major from Navarre
- Coaches: Kelly Boyd and Heather Duffield
Malone University, a Christian university for the arts, sciences, and professions in the liberal arts tradition, affiliated with the Evangelical Friends Church, awards both undergraduate and graduate degrees in more than 100 academic programs. Malone is recognized by the prestigious Templeton Foundation as a leader in character development, named an NAIA Champions of Character Five Star Award winner, and is ranked among the top colleges and universities in the Midwest under the category Regional Universities according to U.S.News & World Report's America's Best Colleges 2012.
Suzanne Thomas, APR
Director of University Relations
2600 Cleveland Avenue N.W., Canton, OH, 44709