6330-Department of Music Presents Benefit Recital – From Our Hearts to Yours
6330-April 25, 2012
The Malone University College of Theology, Arts, and Sciences – Department of Music will present a benefit recital – From Our Hearts to Yours – Monday, May 7 at 7:30 p.m. in the Stewart Room of the Randall Campus Center. There is no admission fee, but a free will offering will be taken at the end of the program. Proceeds will benefit local young artists preparing to study classical music performance and the Italian language in Siena, Italy, through the Sessione Senese per Musica at L'Arte summer festival. The recital will be all sacred music comprised of solo and choral pieces. Composers include: Bach, Mendelssohn, Gounod, Mozart, Caccini, Schubert, Fauré, and Verdi. The public is invited to attend.
Solo performers affiliated with Malone University include:
- Laurel Weir, a senior communication arts (PR) major from Canton
- Hannah Miller, a junior nursing major from Wooster
- Derek Bates, a sophomore music education major from Canton
- Anna McAnallen, a senior music education major from New Castle, Penn.
- Deanna Miller, a degreed music education major from New Philadelphia
- Melissa Sorohan, adjunct professor
- Samson Toe, a senior music education major from Canton
- Cynthia Wohlschlager, adjunct professor
Malone University, a Christian university for the arts, sciences, and professions in the liberal arts tradition, affiliated with the Evangelical Friends Church, awards both undergraduate and graduate degrees in more than 100 academic programs. Malone is recognized by the prestigious Templeton Foundation as a leader in character development, named an NAIA Champions of Character Five Star Award winner, and is ranked among the top colleges and universities in the Midwest under the category Regional Universities according to U.S.News & World Report's America's Best Colleges 2012.
Suzanne Thomas, APR
Director of University Relations
2600 Cleveland Avenue N.W., Canton, OH, 44709