6502 - Malone University Theatre Stages Agatha Christie's "The Mousetrap"
January 17 | 6502
The Malone University theatre honor society, Alpha Psi Omega, will present Agatha Christie’s murder mystery The Mousetrap, February 14-16, at 8 p.m. in the Performing Arts Hall of Founders Hall, located on the campus at 2600 Cleveland Avenue N.W. in Canton. Tickets are $5, and can be purchased by calling the theatre box office at 330-471-8202.
(Synopsis from themousetrap.com) At Monkswell Manor, the news on the radio reports that a murder has recently taken place in London. Mollie and Giles Ralston, the young owners of the once-regal estate recently converted into a guesthouse, hardly notice the news. They are far too busy preparing for the arrival of their first guests and concerned that the heavy snowfalls may prevent the guests reaching their destination. As the guests arrive safely and the Manor becomes snowed in, a policeman arrives on skis suspecting that one of the seven occupants may be the killer. After a second murder occurs in the Manor, Sergeant Trotter is convinced. Suspects include the young married couple, a spinster with a curious background, an architect who seems better equipped to be a chef, a retired army major, and an unexpected visitor who claims his car has run into a snowdrift. During his interrogation, Sergeant Trotter uncovers the many mysterious secrets of everyone present, as he tries to solve the murder in true Christie style.
Malone's performance will feature the following students:
- Director Alexis McCullough, a senior Art major, of Newark
- Stage Manager Allison Hammerle, a sophomore Integrated Language Arts major of Conway, Penn.
- Assistant Stage Manager Sally Gotch, a senior Art major of Louisville
- Dave Carmany, a sophomore Communication Arts major of Wellington
- Jon DeMattia, a senior Youth/Educational Ministries major of Novelty
- Elizabeth Finley, a sophomore Communication Arts major of Medina
- Jared Hoffmeyer, a senior exercise science major of Canton
- Marissa Lolli, a freshman Early Childhood Education major of Canton
- Hannah Morgan, a junior Art major of Rootstown
- Patty Rhinehart, a sophomore Communication Arts major of Waynesville
- Josh Setty, a senior zoo and wildlife biology major of Hillsboro
Malone University, a Christian university for the arts, sciences, and professions in the liberal arts tradition, affiliated with the Evangelical Friends Church, awards both undergraduate and graduate degrees in more than 100 academic programs. Malone has been recognized by the prestigious Templeton Foundation as a leader in character development, as one of Northeast Ohio’s Top Workplaces by the Cleveland Plain Dealer, and is ranked among the top colleges and universities in the Midwest under the category Regional Universities according to U.S. News & World Report's America's Best Colleges 2015
Suzanne Thomas, APR
Director of University Relations
2600 Cleveland Avenue N.W., Canton, OH, 44709