Malone University now scheduling traveling outreach teams in music and/or drama for 2013-2014
July 1, 2013 | Release # 6661
Malone University is now scheduling performance dates for its two outreach teams. Chancel Players, a student drama outreach group; and New Vision, a student music outreach group, are available to perform at church, school, or civic organization functions throughout the September 2013 - April 2014 season.
The Malone University Chancel Players is a group of six students who perform faith-based drama in schools and churches as well as for various community organizations. They are celebrating their 33rd year of touring drama ministry. Members of the drama group are:
- Marie Davison, a junior visual arts education major from Cortland, Ohio
- Austin Fraley, senior philosophy major from Minerva, Ohio
- Marisa Lolli, a sophomore intervention specialist and early childhood education double major from Canton, Ohio
- Joshua Setty, a senior zoo and wildlife biology major from Hillsboro, Ohio
- Kristina Sweeny, a sophomore intervention specialist and early childhood education double major from Warren, Ohio
- Rebecca Yourko, a sophomore communication arts major from Tippecanoe, Ohio
Malone University's New Vision is a group of seven music ministry students who perform a wide variety of songs and styles in an assortment of venues from churches to schools to sporting events. Members of the music group are:
- Joseph Carnes, a senior music ministry major from Mount Gilead, Ohio
- Jonathan Levi Hundley, a sophomore music ministry major from Danville, Va.
- Natali Masters, a freshman music production major from Las Cruces, N.M.
- Caitlin McCarthy, a junior music ministry major from New Washington, Ohio
- Kennedy McCrea, a junior integrated language arts major from Salem, Ohio
- Anna Olsen, a senior Spanish major from Akron, Ohio
- Jacob Peters, a sophomore music production major from Medina, Ohio
To book either or both Chancel Players and New Vision for your church, community event, or school, please contact the Malone University Outreach Teams Coordinator at 330.471.8434 or visit our website at www.malone.edu/outreach-teams.
Chancel Players 2013: [Left-right] Setty, Davison, Lolli, Sweeny, Yourko, Fraley
New Vision 2013
[Standing Left-Right] Carnes, Hundley, Peters
[Sitting left-right] Olsen, McCrea, McCarthy, Masters
Malone University, a Christian university for the arts, sciences, and professions in the liberal arts tradition, affiliated with the Evangelical Friends Church, awards both undergraduate and graduate degrees in more than 100 academic programs. Malone has been recognized by the prestigious Templeton Foundation as a leader in character development, as one of Northeast Ohio’s Top Workplaces by the Cleveland Plain Dealer, and is ranked among the top colleges and universities in the Midwest under the category Regional Universities according to U.S. News & World Report's America's Best Colleges 2014
Suzanne Thomas, APR
Director of University Relations
2600 Cleveland Avenue N.W., Canton, OH, 44709