Malone University’s Zoo Crew will be at Beech Creek Gardens October 11-12 and 18-19
October 9, 2013 | Release # 6741
Malone University's Zoo Crew will present animals during Beech Creek Botanical Garden & Nature Preserve's "Spooky Science" program on October 11-12, and 18-19 from 4:30 – 8:30 p.m. each day. A family friendly outdoor event, the program is designed to educate visitors as they explore the grounds and engage in hands-on educational activities. The crew will bring live animal friends as well as a fun display of skulls, pelts, and snake skins with which adults and children alike may learn and interact.
- Kristen Beck, Malone University Zoo supervisor
- Karyn Collie, Ph.D., associate professor of biology
- Corina Newsome, a junior zoo and wildlife biology major from Philadelphia, Penn.
- Jake Belair, a junior zoo and wildlife biology major from Akron, Ohio
- Jenny Nelson, a junior zoo and wildlife biology major from North Canton, Ohio
- Cody Shumaker a junior zoo and wildlife biology major from Oxford, Mich.
- Hilary Mullane, a junior zoo and wildlife biology major from Massillon, Ohio
- Miranda Beran, a sophomore zoo and wildlife biology major from Broadview Heights, Ohio
Beech Creek Gardens is located at 11929 Beech St. NE in Alliance, OH 44601
Malone University, a Christian university for the arts, sciences, and professions in the liberal arts tradition, affiliated with the Evangelical Friends Church, awards both undergraduate and graduate degrees in more than 100 academic programs. Malone has been recognized by the prestigious Templeton Foundation as a leader in character development, as one of Northeast Ohio’s Top Workplaces by the Cleveland Plain Dealer, and is ranked among the top colleges and universities in the Midwest under the category Regional Universities according to U.S.News & World Report's America's Best Colleges 2014,has been awarded the designation Military Friendly School by Victory Media, and is named to AffordableCollegesOnline (ACO)’s Best Lifetime Return on Investment list for the State of Ohio.
Suzanne Thomas, APR
Director of University Relations
2600 Cleveland Avenue N.W., Canton, OH, 44709
fgubznf+znybar+rqh Phone: 330.471.8239