Malone University visual art and creative writing students collaborate on Fourth Annual RSVP exhibit
January 15, 2014 | Release # 6813
The fourth annual R.S.V.P. - a Writing and Visual Art Exchange exhibit opens this week with a reception scheduled for Thursday, January 16 from 4-6 p.m. in the Fountain Gallery of the Johnson Center for Worship and the Fine Arts, located at 2600 Cleveland Avenue N.W. in Canton, Ohio. The exhibit will run through February 18. The Fountain Gallery is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m.- 6 p.m., is free and open to the public.
R.S.V.P. is a collaborative project between the Visual Arts and the Language and Literature Departments of Malone University. Bridging the gap between the right brain and the left brain, R.S.V.P. involves students, half of whom are visual artists, the other half being writers. This conceptual exhibit is the result of inviting the right side of the brain and the left side of the brain to thoughtfully respond to each other. Participants are randomly paired in artist/writer duos. Each writer is to respond to a visual artwork with a piece of poetry or prose. Each artist responds to a written work in a visual medium such as paint, fiber arts, or photography.
Students participating include:
- Kelsey Case, a senior English major from North Canton, Ohio
- Kristen Csuti, a sophomore English major from Elyria, Ohio
- Jaime Heller, a junior creative writing major from Louisville, Ohio
- Akash Negi, a senior English major from Akron, Ohio
- Riley Richards, a junior creative writing major from Maple Falls, Wash.
- Marie Davison, a senior visual art education major from Cortland, Ohio
- Hannah Morgan, a senior psychology major from Rootstown, Ohio
- Brian Neigh, a senior art major from Butler, Penn.
- Candice Hale, a senior visual arts education major from Canton, Ohio
- Brian Hookway, a sophomore art major from Akron, Ohio
To learn more about the Department of Visual Arts at Malone University, please click here.
To learn more about the Department of Language and Literature at Malone University, please click here.
Malone University, a Christian university for the arts, sciences, and professions in the liberal arts tradition, affiliated with the Evangelical Friends Church, awards both undergraduate and graduate degrees in more than 100 academic programs. Malone has been recognized by the prestigious Templeton Foundation as a leader in character development, as one of Northeast Ohio’s Top Workplaces by the Cleveland Plain Dealer, and is ranked among the top colleges and universities in the Midwest under the category Regional Universities according to U.S.News & World Report's America's Best Colleges 2014,has been awarded the designation Military Friendly School by Victory Media, and is named to AffordableCollegesOnline (ACO)’s Best Lifetime Return on Investment list for the State of Ohio.
Suzanne Thomas, APR
Director of University Relations
2600 Cleveland Avenue N.W., Canton, OH, 44709
fgubznf+znybar+rqh Phone: 330.471.8239