Theatre at Malone University will re-stage Steel Magnolias April 8 – 12 as part of 50th anniversary season
March 12, 2014 | Release # 6869
Theatre at Malone University will present Steel Magnolias April 8 – 12 in the Performing Arts Hall of Founders Hall, located on the campus at 2600 Cleveland Avenue N.W. in Canton. Curtain for all performances will be at 8 p.m. Tickets are $8; $2 for Malone University students, and can be purchased by calling the theatre box office at 330-471-8202.
The University staged Steel Magnolias 18 years ago, and welcomes back the familiar and beloved characters as part of the theatre program's 50th anniversary celebration. Directed by Tammie McKenzie, the play itself is an endearing look at a klatch of Southern Belles who love, laugh, and endure together through times both good and bad. A reunion of original Malone University cast members is planned.
The 2014 cast includes:
- Truvy ....... Marissa Lolli, sophomore intervention specialist / early childhood education major from Canton, Ohio
- Annelle ...... Hannah Morgan, a senior psychology major from Rootstown, Ohio
- Ouiser ...... Patty Rhinehart, a junior communication arts major from Waynesville, Ohio
- M'Lynn ..... Rachel Criswell, a freshman early childhood education major from Chagrin Falls, Ohio
- Clairee ...... Emily Andrews, a freshman communication arts major from Louisville, Ohio
- Shelby ....... Rachel King, a freshman biology major from North Canton, Ohio
Theatre at Malone University will conclude its 50th anniversary season with a Dance Concert on April 25-26.
Malone University, a Christian university for the arts, sciences, and professions in the liberal arts tradition, affiliated with the Evangelical Friends Church, awards both undergraduate and graduate degrees in more than 100 academic programs. Malone has been recognized by the prestigious Templeton Foundation as a leader in character development, as one of Northeast Ohio’s Top Workplaces by the Cleveland Plain Dealer, and is ranked among the top colleges and universities in the Midwest under the category Regional Universities according to U.S.News & World Report's America's Best Colleges 2014,has been awarded the designation Military Friendly School by Victory Media, and is named to AffordableCollegesOnline (ACO)’s Best Lifetime Return on Investment list for the State of Ohio.
Suzanne Thomas, APR
Director of University Relations
2600 Cleveland Avenue N.W., Canton, OH, 44709
fgubznf+znybar+rqh Phone: 330-471-8239