Malone University will sponsor The Martin Center Open House on May 1
April 22, 2014 | Release # 6908
Malone University will be the title sponsor when The Martin Center hosts a community open house on Thursday, May 1, beginning at 5:30 p.m. in the former Henry S. Martin Elementary School, located at 1253 3rd Street SE. in Canton, Ohio. The event – billed as "an open house with a twist" – is free and open to the public. Call 1.866.607.4096 for more information or to request an invitation.
The Martin Center exists to build relationships with teens and families in the Canton NE and SE inner-city communities. It offers a synergy of local, regional, and national programs, combining their resources to offer food, shelter, job training, and education to Stark County's inner city youth. Currently, the Center houses PAL Mission, COOL (Community Outreach Of Love), Radial Church, Ekklesia Church, Heritage Christian School basketball, LoveCanton (3rd Street Village), McKinley Early Childhood summer program, School of Hip Hop & recording studio, Jobs for Life training program, Next Level Employment, ACT preparation classes, and more.
Additional sponsors for the open house include USA Quickprint and AVI Fresh.
The open house committee includes:
- Terry Hunka, founder of The Martin Center
- Brenda Hunka, co-founder, The Martin Center
- Mark Jones, The Martin Center
- Brenda Stevens, director of multicultural services, Malone University
- Robin Lemon, School of Education and Human Development, Malone University
- Willie Lemon, engineer and community volunteer
- Nancy Varian, director, Center for Professional Development, Malone University
- Rosie Gregg, Center for Professional Development, Malone University
- Gary Rivers, NewsTalk 1480-WHBC
- Michelle Beyer, Addiction: Voices of Hope Radio
- Suzie Thomas, director, University Relations, Malone University
Malone University, a Christian university for the arts, sciences, and professions in the liberal arts tradition, affiliated with the Evangelical Friends Church, awards both undergraduate and graduate degrees in more than 100 academic programs. Malone has been recognized by the prestigious Templeton Foundation as a leader in character development, as one of Northeast Ohio’s Top Workplaces by the Cleveland Plain Dealer, and is ranked among the top colleges and universities in the Midwest under the category Regional Universities according to U.S.News & World Report's America's Best Colleges 2014,has been awarded the designation Military Friendly School by Victory Media, and is named to AffordableCollegesOnline (ACO)’s Best Lifetime Return on Investment list for the State of Ohio.
Suzanne Thomas, APR
Director of University Relations
2600 Cleveland Avenue N.W., Canton, OH, 44709
fgubznf+znybar+rqh Phone: 330-471-8239