Adjunct in School of Business and Leadership - Management Studies
The Department of Management Studies seeks an adjunct instructor who has an interest in teaching accounting relative courses in the adult degree completion program (Malone Management Program) and or Department of Business.
- Delivery of online and in-class (ground) classroom instruction in the program(s).
- Successful candidate will teach courses relative to accounting: Management Controls and or Tax Accounting.
- Management Controls - Instruction will be to cover the basics of financial accounting: financial statement ratio analysis, budgeting, and computer applications. This course also covers the tools used in information analysis and decision making.
- Tax Accounting – Instruction with accounting problems and issues concerning the federal and state tax obligations (i.e., individual, self-employed, small business, partnerships and corporations).
- Effective interpersonal skills, problem-solving, critical and creative thinking, business ethics, and Christian values are emphasized.
- Preferred Doctoral qualifications (PhD in accounting; DBA with accounting emphasis preferred). Also considered CPA, MBA and or JD with professional experience.
- Practical managerial experience.
- Experience with online and ground classroom teaching.
- Experience and strong commitment to teaching excellence with the adult learner.
- Commitment to the Christian faith and the university’s mission, foundational principles, and educational goals.
- Commitment to faith and learning in the academic discipline.
About Malone University:
Malone University is a Christian university for the arts, sciences and professions, in the liberal arts tradition. The University is affiliated with the Evangelical Friends Church-Eastern Region. The students, faculty and staff represent more than 35 denominations. Total enrollment is approximately 2,250 students: 1,200 traditional undergraduates as well as adult degree-completion programs and graduate programs offering 10 master's programs.
About the Department:
The Malone Management Program is an accelerated bachelor’s degree completion program for students. The program was founded in 1984, and is the oldest and longest running degree completion program in northeast Ohio. At Malone, we express our faith through the integration of faith and learning, how we conduct ourselves, and how we work with students. An atmosphere of respect, care, and understanding permeates the Malone programs.
Malone’s utilizes the eCollege learning management system for online cohorts. Ground classrooms use this system to compliment course activity. Class assignments, syllabi, chat rooms, grades, progress reports, drop box for submitting papers electronically, document sharing to post articles, are just a few benefits of this technology.
How to Apply:
Application Process: (1)Adjunct Employment Application http://www.malone.edu/offices-and-services/human-resources/faculty-employment-applications.php, (2) letter of interest and curriculum vitae, (3) statement of Christian faith, (4) statement of faith indicating fit with Malone University’s mission http://www.malone.edu/about-malone/foundational-principles.php (5) names and contact information for three references.
Send application materials to:
Executive Director of Management Studies
2600 Cleveland Avenue NW
Canton, Oh 44709