Admissions Counselor in Admissions
Starting Date:8/1/2013 - 8/14/2013
The key responsibility of this position is to recruit students for Malone University and assist them through the admissions process. The position involves frequent travel to high schools and other locations within assigned areas, effectively cultivating and managing an inquiry pool, regular communication and relationship development with prospective students and their constituencies; and assisting in Admissions sponsored campus and off-campus activities, including evening and weekend functions.
- Manage individual inquiry pool for assigned territories and stay in continual contact with Leads.
- Manage assigned applicant pool for the purpose of increasing prospects with specific focus on first-time freshmen students.
- Work with prospective students within the database to assess and meet the needs of individuals by developing and maintaining relationships with prospective students through correspondence utilizing phone, e-mail, cards, letters, social media and personal contacts.
- Remain in contact with assigned applicant pool at least once a month.
- Schedule and represent the university at college fairs, youth conventions, church visits, and high school visits.
- Assist in admissions-sponsored campus activities – Discover Days, Saturday Sneak Peaks, Open Houses, and all other events.
- Handle incoming inquiries.
- Assist in the updating of prospective student data in Jenzabar (student database system).
- Interact and work effectively with diverse constituencies, including faculty, academic deans and senior administrators, admissions staff members, students, parents, guidance counselors and alumni for the purpose of enhancing recruitment processes.
- Knowledge of, and compliance with NCAA rules and regulations, and with conference rules and regulations regarding the recruitment of athletes.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong written and oral skills
- Experience in sales and/or recruiting
- Valid driver’s license in good standing
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Personal commitment to Jesus Christ and the mission of Malone University
About Malone University:
Malone University is a Christian university for the arts, sciences and professions, in the liberal arts tradition. The University is affiliated with the Evangelical Friends Church-Eastern Region. The students, faculty and staff represent more than 35 denominations. Total enrollment is approximately 2,100 students: 1,450 traditional undergraduates, 300 adult degree-completion students, and 500 graduate students pursuing any of 12 different masters programs.
How to Apply:
Please forward a cover letter, statement of faith, and resume to one of the addresses listed below.
Send application materials to:
By email: email@example.com
Attn: Human Resources
2600 Cleveland Ave NW
Canton, Ohio 44709
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY POLICY
MALONE UNIVERSITY HAS AN ESTABLISHED POLICY OF EQUAL ACADEMIC AND EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY. THIS POLICY IS APPLIED TO ALL QUALIFIED STUDENTS, EMPLOYEES AND APPLICANTS FOR ADMISSION OR EMPLOYMENT, IN ALL UNIVERSITY PROGRAMS AND ACTIVITIES, WITHOUT UNLAWFUL DISCRIMINATION BASED ON RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, RELIGION, SEX, AGE, DISABILITY OR MILITARY OR VETERAN STATUS.