Help Desk Specialist 2 in Information Technologies
Help Desk Specialist 2
Starting Date:Open until June 11th.
Under the direct supervision of the Support and Infrastructure Manager, the Help Desk Specialist 2 provides level 1 and level 2 technology support services for both Information Technologies and Distance Learning departments.
Work hours: Monday - Thursday 10 a.m. - 7 p.m., Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
1. Direct Customer Support (Level 1)
a. First and foremost, the job of a Help Desk Specialist is to act as a “client advocate” as well as a bridge between the Malone University community (our customers) and technical staff.
b. Provide telephone, remote, and onsite support of clients for IT related and Online
2. Technical Support of Systems (Level 2)
a. Liaises with the Director of Distance Learning to assure that online and distance learning calls are fielded both timely and correctly.
b. Works directly with the Director of Distance Learning and with the Instructional
Technology Specialist in content migration and development.
c. Performs break/fix patch/repair work of University computers in coordination with the Technical Support Specialists.
3. Develops, updates, and implements technical support processes, especially in the area of distance and online learning support, in order to:
a. Equip the Help Desk student and full time staff with current and correct information and b. ensure effectiveness and efficiency in handling incoming requests from our customers
4. Maintains departmental documentation for all procedures pertaining to the responsibilities of the position.
5. Prepares reports from the helpdesk, telecommunications, or other databases for communications and assessment purposes.
6. Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer related or instructional design related field preferred
- Possesses high-quality customer service skills
- Must understand and use professional phone etiquette
- Experience with Learning Management Systems (Moodle is preferred), instructional design concepts, and learning theory.
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows and Mac operating systems
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills (both written and verbal) to effectively communicate to all levels of the University
- Able to think logically and make decisions using technical troubleshooting skills
- Able to prioritize and carry out multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
About Malone University:
Malone is a Christian university for the arts, sciences, and professions in the liberal arts tradition, affiliated with the Evangelical Friends Church, offering 41 majors, 42 minors, and 11 graduate programs. Nationally, Malone University is ranked in the top four percent of colleges and universities in career outcomes, top 10 (#9) best online financial aid packages, and top 50 (#30) most affordable Christian colleges. Regionally, U.S. News & World Report's America's Best Colleges 2015 ranks Malone University among the top colleges and universities in the Midwest in the category Regional Universities, and to its list of best online bachelor's programs. Statewide, Malone appears on the list of colleges offering the best lifetime return on investment in Ohio. Malone University has been recognized by the prestigious Templeton Foundation as a leader in character development, as a military-friendly school by Victory Media, and as one of Northeast Ohio's top workplaces by the Cleveland Plain Dealer.
About the Department:
How to Apply:
Please forward a cover letter, faith statement, and resume w/references.
Send application materials to:
By email: email@example.com
By mail: Malone University
Attn: Human Resources
2600 Cleveland Ave NW
Canton, Ohio 44709
Equal Opportunity Policy
Malone University has an established policy of equal academic and employment opportunity. This policy is applied to all qualified students, employees, and applicants for admission or employment, in all University programs and activities, without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, or military or veteran status.