Help Desk Specialist 2 in Information Technologies
Help Desk Specialist 2
Starting Date:Open until June 11th.
Under the direct supervision of the Support and Infrastructure Manager, the Help Desk Specialist 2 provides level 1 and level 2 technology support services for both Information Technologies and Distance Learning departments.
Work hours: Monday - Thursday 10 a.m. - 7 p.m., Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
1. Direct Customer Support (Level 1)
a. First and foremost, the job of a Help Desk Specialist is to act as a “client advocate” as well as a bridge between the Malone University community (our customers) and technical staff.
b. Provide telephone, remote, and onsite support of clients for IT related and Online
2. Technical Support of Systems (Level 2)
a. Liaises with the Director of Distance Learning to assure that online and distance learning calls are fielded both timely and correctly.
b. Works directly with the Director of Distance Learning and with the Instructional
Technology Specialist in content migration and development.
c. Performs break/fix patch/repair work of University computers in coordination with the Technical Support Specialists.
3. Develops, updates, and implements technical support processes, especially in the area of distance and online learning support, in order to:
a. Equip the Help Desk student and full time staff with current and correct information and b. ensure effectiveness and efficiency in handling incoming requests from our customers
4. Maintains departmental documentation for all procedures pertaining to the responsibilities of the position.
5. Prepares reports from the helpdesk, telecommunications, or other databases for communications and assessment purposes.
6. Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer related or instructional design related field preferred
- Possesses high-quality customer service skills
- Must understand and use professional phone etiquette
- Experience with Learning Management Systems (Moodle is preferred), instructional design concepts, and learning theory.
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows and Mac operating systems
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills (both written and verbal) to effectively communicate to all levels of the University
- Able to think logically and make decisions using technical troubleshooting skills
- Able to prioritize and carry out multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
About Malone University:
Malone University is a Christian university for the arts, sciences and professions, in the liberal arts tradition. The University is affiliated with the Evangelical Friends Church-Eastern Region. The students, faculty and staff represent more than 35 denominations. Total enrollment is approximately 2,250 students: 1,200 traditional undergraduates as well as adult degree-completion programs and graduate programs offering 10 master's programs.
About the Department:
How to Apply:
Please forward a cover letter, faith statement, and resume w/references.
Send application materials to:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By mail: Malone University
Attn: Human Resources
2600 Cleveland Ave NW
Canton, Ohio 44709
Equal Opportunity Policy
Malone University has an established policy of equal academic and employment opportunity. This policy is applied to all qualified students, employees, and applicants for admission or employment, in all University programs and activities, without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, or military or veteran status.