Resident Director in Student Development
Starting Date:Open through May 1 at 5 p.m.
Under the direction of the Associate Dean/Dean of Student Development, the Residence Life team members develop, coordinate, and maintain a residential program which strives to provide a safe, hospitable, student-centered living space where residents can develop a vibrant Christian worldview which informs their spiritual, vocational and communal life in conjunction with the mission and goals of Malone University.
This job involves staff supervision of student leaders and providing programs, care, and services for the residents living in their halls. The Resident Director (RD) contributes to developing students of character by intentionally engaging in meaningful conversation, developing relationships with residents, and facilitating opportunities for residents to interact and form friendships in a context which encourages an appreciation for diversity.
HOURS: 40 per week, 9.5 month position
An RD also is hired to be an accessible campus resource, administer care in conflict and crisis situations, as well as carry out the responsibilities listed below:
- Build relationships with residents and assist residents in interacting with each other
- Help facilitate an environment that allows students to meet their academic goals
- Understand and respond appropriately to relevant issues college students are facing
- Be able to be a resource and liaison for other students
- Hold residents accountable for their behavior by confronting violations and modeling behavior in alignment with community standards
- Lead students in developing a sense of social/communal responsibility seeing the world from a different perspective
- Develop purposeful programs
- Support Spiritual Formation Opportunities
- Collaborate, plan and participate in campus-wide initiatives
- Pursue personal growth and leadership development as a Res. Life team member
- Complete administrative tasks for the residence hall in a timely manner
- Perform related duties as assigned by the Residence Life professional staff
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required.
- Experience with Residence Life
- Master’s degree in Higher Education or related field preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to work well as a member of a team, and good organizational and administrative skills required.
About Malone University:
Malone University is a Christian university for the arts, sciences and professions, in the liberal arts tradition. The University is affiliated with the Evangelical Friends Church-Eastern Region. The students, faculty and staff represent more than 35 denominations. Total enrollment is approximately 2,250 students: 1,200 traditional undergraduates as well as adult degree-completion programs and graduate programs offering 10 master's programs.
About the Department:
How to Apply:
Please send the following:
1) Cover Letter
2) Faith Statement
3) Resume with References
Malone University has an established policy of equal academic and employment opportunity. This policy is applied to all qualified students, employees and applicants for admission or employment, in all university programs and activities, without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, or military or veteran status. Malone University is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women and minorities.
Send application materials to:
Attn: Director of Human Resources
2600 Cleveland Ave NW
Canton, Ohio 44709
or forward by email to: uhznaerfbheprf+znybar+rqh