Recruiter in Graduate & Professional Studies
Starting Date:8/12/13 - 8/23/13
The Graduate and Professional Studies Recruiter serves as part of a team of professionals who manage the recruitment and enrollment for students pursuing a program within Graduate and Professional Studies. This includes, but is not limited to: recruiting, generating inquiries, follow-up communication with inquiries and applicants, conducting information meetings, and serving as an adviser as needed for graduate and professional study students. As an adviser, this work may includes unofficial evaluations of student transcripts and providing prospective and current students with information on credit-gathering options and graduation requirements
- Meet with prospective students on a regular basis
- Follow-up with inquiries through phone calls, emails, mailings, invitation to open houses and information meetings, business fairs, classroom visits, social media, etc
- Coordinate the process of student applications from inquiry to enrollment
- Participate in the development and execution of a comprehensive recruitment plan for the graduate and degree completion programs
- Collaborate with program directors to develop initiatives that promote growth in the number, quality, and diversity of the adult and graduate student body
- Work with program directors to facilitate admission of graduate students into specific programs
- Coordinate, schedule and represent the graduate and professional studies programs at information meetings and open houses
- Coordinate when necessary and represent the graduate programs at college fairs, business fairs, and school/community events
- Coordinate and represent the graduate and professional studies programs through internal recruitment efforts, such as presentations to degree completion and other undergraduate classes
- Make contacts with various groups and individuals to promote the programs
- Coordinate international student enrollment paperwork
- Conduct initial transcript evaluation
- Assist the Director of graduate and degree completion Admissions and student services as needed with special projects and functions
- Assist in production of monthly status reports of inquiries, applications, and acceptances, and related data as well as monthly activities reports
- Assist the Director in maintaining and enhancing the Admissions Module (Jenzabar) to track candidate records for the inquiry stage to acceptance
- Other duties assigned by the Director of Undergraduate & Graduate Admissions
Candidate must be in harmony with the mission and goals of Malone University. A Master’s degree is required (or in progress). Previous recruitment and advising experience is preferred. Candidate must have the ability to speak and write effectively, and to analyze and solve problems. Knowledge of student recruitment, advising, and retention strategies is preferred. Experience in utilizing Microsoft Office Suite and an understanding of confidentiality in the use of student information for recruitment (ie FERPA laws) is also expected.
About Malone University:
Malone University is a Christian university for the arts, sciences and professions, in the liberal arts tradition. The University is affiliated with the Evangelical Friends Church-Eastern Region. The students, faculty and staff represent more than 35 denominations. Total enrollment is approximately 2,400 students: 1,600 traditional undergraduates, 300 adult degree-completion students, and 500 graduate students pursuing any of 12 different masters programs.
About the Department:
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter, statement of faith, and resume.
Send application materials to:
By email: email@example.com
Attn: Human Resources
2600 Cleveland Ave. NW
Canton, Ohio 44709
Malone University has an established policy of equal academic and employment opportunity. This policy is applied to all qualified students, employees and applicants for admission or employment, in all University programs and activities, without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, or military or veteran status. Malone University is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women and minorities.