Associate/Assistant Professor of Biology
Starting Date:August 2013
Department of Natural Sciences seeks a biologist to contribute to our growing Zoo and Wildlife Biology program.
- The normal teaching load is 12 credits per semester.
- The successful candidate will teach courses in biology such as introductory biology, vertebrate and invertebrate zoology, ecology, comparative vertebrate anatomy and physiology, and organismal biology in line with their expertise (e.g., ornithology, mammalogy, herpetology). The ideal candidate will have experience working with a variety of captive animals.
- Oversee the Malone Zoological Exhibits.
- Supervise research projects in zoo biology.
- Advise and mentor students.
- Serve on departmental & institutional committees.
- Engage in scholarship and community service.
- Ph.D. biologically relevant field required (e.g., zoology)
- Strong commitment to undergraduate teaching and mentoring, professional development and scholarly research.
- Research agenda that can provide opportunities for undergraduate involvement.
- Sincere commitment to the Christian Faith and a commitment to the integration of faith and learning in the academic discipline.
About Malone University:
Malone University is a Christian university for the arts, sciences and professions, in the liberal arts tradition. The University is affiliated with the Evangelical Friends Church-Eastern Region. The students, faculty and staff represent more than 35 denominations. Total enrollment is approximately 2,400 students: 1,600 traditional undergraduates, 300 adult degree-completion students, and 500 graduate students pursuing any of 12 different masters programs.
About the Department:
Learn more about the Natural Sciences Department.
How to Apply:
Application materials should include:
- Letter of application and curriculum vitae
- Statement of Christian faith
- Teaching philosophy and statement of the integration of faith and learning in the academic discipline
- Research statement
- Names and contact information for three references.
Application review will begin May 30 and will continue until the position is filled.
Send application materials to:
Donald L. Tucker, Provost
2600 Cleveland Ave NW
Canton OH 44709-3897
Email to: prov...@malone.edu