Director of Choral Ensembles
Starting Date:Fall 2013
The Department of Music at Malone University seeks a dynamic choral music specialist.
- Direct the Malone Chorale, an auditioned, 65-voice SATB choir that performs on and off campus, including our annual Christmas at Malone concert, as well as annual spring tours, both domestic and international.
- Direct the Malone Chamber Choir, a highly select ensemble of 20 voices that also performs on and off campus, including at Christmas at Malone.
- Teach undergraduate courses in related areas as determined by qualifications and department needs.
- Advise music majors.
- Actively recruit students, both current and prospective, to the choral program.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Christian Faith and the integration of faith and learning in the academic discipline.
The ideal candidate will have the experience and success required to lead and further enhance a strong, established collegiate choral music program. Candidates must possess an earned appropriate doctorate (D.M.A., Ph.D., Ed.D.). ABD’s with a firm completion date of Fall 2013 will be considered.
About Malone University:
Malone University is a Christian university for the arts, sciences and professions, in the liberal arts tradition. The University is affiliated with the Evangelical Friends Church-Eastern Region. The students, faculty and staff represent more than 35 denominations. Total enrollment is approximately 2,400 students: 1,600 traditional undergraduates, 300 adult degree-completion students, and 500 graduate students pursuing any of 12 different masters programs.
About the Department:
Learn more about the Music Department
How to Apply:
Application Materials should include:
- faculty application
- letter of interest
- curriculum vitae
- statement of Christian faith - Statement of Faith indicating fit with Malone University's mission
- statement of teaching philosophy
- statement of integration of faith and learning in the academic discipline
- names and contact information for three references
Send application materials to:
Send application materials to: Dr. Donald L. Tucker, Provost - Malone University - 2600 Cleveland Ave NW Canton OH 44709-3897 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of application materials will begin March 15, 2013, and will continue on a rolling basis until the position is filled.