Director of Undergraduate and Graduate Admissions in the Department of Admissions
Director of Undergraduate and Graduate Admissions
Malone University, a Christian Liberal Arts University, seeks an experienced, energetic, innovative Director of Undergraduate and Graduate Admissions. The director oversees recruitment and admissions for all programs – undergraduate, graduate and professional studies.
Reporting to the Vice President for Enrollment Management and University Marketing, the Director of Undergraduate and Graduate Admissions is a member of the Enrollment Management leadership team.
The director develops, plans, and implements the University's strategic recruitment plan with the goals of increasing enrollment, as well as the diversity and academic profile of the student body.
The director is responsible for cultivating strong connections across campus with academic and administrative departments. This position will:
- Assist in the development and lead in the implementation of a five-year strategic recruitment plan for specific market segments for traditional, non-traditional or adult, graduate and professional studies programs.
- Create strategies to foster long-term visibility, brand recognition and interest among student constituent resulting in increased prospects, inquiries, applications and the successful matriculation of targeted students.
- Analyze recruitment markets using data from a wide variety of public and private sources.
- This position will play a key role in making recommendations for general organizational and process change.
- This position will be well-informed of student recruitment trends, collect/maintain data on enrollment, attend conferences and keep membership in relevant professional associations.
The director will play a strategic role as a unifying leader on campus that drives new student recruitment strategies and results. Building on several years of strong enrollment growth, the new director will support the mission of Malone University and work closely with the academic leadership to further strengthen the University’s distinctive competitive position and bring new academic programs to market.
The ideal candidate will be a hands-on leader with effective team-building skills. She/he will bring creative recruitment and marketing ideas to reach prospective undergraduate, transfer, international, and adult audiences. A working knowledge of external research to assess viability of new academic programs is essential.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field is required; a master’s degree is preferred, along with five to seven (5-7) years of progressively responsible experience in a college/university admissions, enrollment management and marketing, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of computer databases, information systems, and new technologies including electronic applications and the utilization of the web for recruitment are essential.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office specifically Access, Excel and Word; Experience with the Jenzabar student records management system or other system is considered a plus.
- Candidates must have a Christian faith commitment consistent with the mission of Malone University.
- Candidate must be goal-oriented and a self-starter
- Must be detail-oriented with the ability to demonstrate critical thinking skills including observation, analysis, and explanation
- Professional oral and written skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Process information quickly and accurately
- Able to work independently and prioritize multiple tasks in a high-volume environment.
- Evening and weekend work is required for special events and programming.
- In addition to the required record of success in meeting enrollment goals and shaping a class, preferred candidates should be analytical, use data and information effectively in planning and decision-making, and be driven toward setting and achieving goals.
- Strong communication skills are essential, as the role includes high visibility with students, staff, faculty, and Trustees.
- Experience and/or a working knowledge of marketing in higher education are highly desirable.
- This position requires a valid driver’s license and driving record which complies with Malone University driving policy.
The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
About Malone University:
Malone University is a Christian university for the arts, sciences and professions, in the liberal arts tradition. The University is affiliated with the Evangelical Friends Church-Eastern Region. The students, faculty and staff represent more than 35 denominations. Total enrollment is approximately 2,250 students: 1,200 traditional undergraduates as well as adult degree-completion programs and graduate programs offering 10 master's programs.
About the Department:
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants may submit the appropriate documentation electronically to email@example.com, Attention: Director of Human Resources.
Malone University has an established policy of equal academic and employment opportunity. This policy is applied to all qualified students, employees and applicants for admission or employment, in all university programs and activities, without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, or military or veteran status. Malone University is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women and minorities.
Send application materials to:
ATTN: Human Resources
2600 Cleveland Ave NW
Canton OH 44709-3897
or submit your application online using the
Human Resources Online Contact Form