1. Skip to navigation
  2. Skip to secondary navigation
  3. Skip to content
  4. Skip to sidebar

Primary Navigation


Frequently Asked Questions

1. What types of organizations are available for my student outside the classroom?

Your student's out-of-class experiences are vital to a holistic education. At Malone, we intentionally create a challenging and supportive community, exposing students to a diverse world and developing individuals in maturity, wisdom, and Christian faith. Students may choose to participate in a variety of organizations on campus including academic, service, music, theater, art and spiritual life groups. Visit this list at the activities and organization pages.

2. How do I know if my student is eligible for financial aid?

The financial aid program of Malone University exists to assist students in finding financial resources for meeting their college expenses. The Office of Financial Aid can assist you in finding scholarships, grants, loans and other financial aid to help make education affordable.

3. What if my student has a problem with his/her roommate?

The Residence Life staff at Malone is committed to creating programs and building relationships that intentionally cultivate community and offer opportunities for growth and development. Roommates are encouraged to work with each other to solve problems. Residence hall assistants (known as RAs) are available to help resolve situations. Encourage your student to talk to their RA.

4. How can my commuter student learn about campus events and activities and get involved?

Activities are announced on the Table Tents in the cafeteria and in Froggy's Cafe (in Brehme Centennial Center). They may also be found on the Malone calendars. The 2013-2014 Commuter Director for Student Senate is Josh White. His email isjmwhi...@student.malone.edu. Visit Josh's website here.

5. Where can I get information about my student's academic progress?

Malone complies with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and sends academic information only to students. Parents may not have access to student records unless the University receives written permission from a student specifically addressing what information may be released.

6. What should I do if my student is struggling with a class?

The Center for Student Success is open to all students and will provide helpful advice about effective ways for managing their time, handling their stress, and setting realistic goals. Peer tutoring, career planning advice and other essential tools are available to help your student. The Center for Student Success has been designated to coordinate campus-wide efforts for ensuring student success - we want to see them graduate! Please encourage your son or daughter to contact them.

7. What should I do if my student is homesick?

Encourage your son/daughter to speak to a trusted resident assistant (RA) or professor. Additionally, Malone University offers professional mental health counseling services to currently enrolled students. These services are offered at no additional cost to the student or their families. All services are kept in the strictest of confidence.

8. What if my son or daughter becomes ill?

The Health Center is managed by Mercy Medical Center, who provides basic medical service for all ill and injured students registered for a minimum of eight credit hours. Registered nurses are on duty to assess students on a walk-in basis with appointments to see the physician as necessary. You can find office hours and a list of services, on the Student Health Center page.

9. How would I address mail to my student on campus?

Student Name
Malone University
Box # (their assigned campus mailbox #)
2600 Cleveland Ave NW
Canton, OH 44709

10. Where can I stay when I visit my student?

The Canton area offers a wide range of overnight accommodations. When you register, ask if they offer a special Malone University rate.

11. Do I need a parking permit when I visit my student?

No. Parking permits are not necessary for visitors who park in designated visitor parking areas conveniently located throughout campus. These spaces are available on a first-come, first-served basis.

12. What forms of payment are accepted if I eat with my Malone student in the dining hall?

Parents eat for free when they accompany their Malone student and the student pays by swiping their I.D. card. This does not apply during Family Weekend or Homecoming.

13. Where can I get information about Commencement?

Commencement weekend includes the Senior Banquet, Nursing Pinning Ceremony, Baccalaureate Service, graduation ceremonies and commencement concert. Specific information will be available online during the spring semester.

14. Where can I find the score of my student's athletic event?

Malone posts Pioneer teams' scores and athletic news on the Malone Athletics page. More detailed information is available by going to each team's website.