Community Responsibilities: Dancing Policy
Social dancing is permitted on the Malone campus under the guidelines listed below. Dances will be presented as campus programs only under the auspices of the Office of Student Development and the Student Activities Committee.
Attendance: Dances are open to persons who are directly associated with Malone (i.e. students or employees). Dates or friends of students are welcome by written invitation (i.e. ticket, sign-up) only. No non-Malone or off-campus groups are to be invited (i.e. groups of friends, youth groups, prospective students) without prior approval by the Vice President for Student Development.
Behavioral Guidelines: Students, employees, and guests must comply with all behavioral guidelines outlined in the Abridged Student Handbook. Dress and style of dance must be in accordance with standards set forth in the Abridged Student Handbook. Sexually explicit or implicit dancing is not acceptable.
Themes: All dances are to have a theme. Suggested themes include, but are not limited to: swing/40s, sock hop/50s, retro/60s, disco/70s, 80s (or other decade), country line dancing, square dancing, Hawaiian, harvest, costume party, ballroom, or instructional.
Location: Dances are limited to approved on-campus facilities. Malone will sponsor no off-campus dances, nor will dances be scheduled in residence halls.
1. The Vice President for Student Development must approve all dances.
2. The Student Activities Committee will be responsible for the planning and organizing of all Malone-sponsored dances. The themes of dances are at the discretion of the Student Activities Committee but must be approved by the Vice President for Student Development.
3. Other campus organizations or groups may propose dance ideas to the Student Activities Committee.
4. Co-sponsoring of dances by other organizations will be at the discretion of the Student Activities Committee.
5. All dances must be publicized in advance of the event.
6. All dances must have a form of admission (i.e. purchased or free ticket, student I.D.).
7. Members of the Student Activities Committee will assist in maintaining appropriate behavior at all times during the dance.
8. Student Activities Committee representatives and the Vice President for Student Development must meet subsequent to the event for evaluation.
9. Dances held on Friday or Saturday must end by 1:00 a.m., and dances on Monday through Thursday must end by 10:00 p.m.