Community Responsibilities: Poster & Advertising Policy
To ensure quality advertisement of campus events, the following guidelines have been approved for all campus postings at Malone, effective since December 1, 1998.
1. The appropriate adviser or departmental director must approve posters by signing the back side of the original poster that a student brings to the Office of Student Development for stamped approval.
2. Posters are to be posted on bulletin boards and approved posting areas only. Posters placed anywhere else will be removed. Absolutely no posters or announcements are to be placed in the Great Hall (Centennial Center) or Bennett Lounge (Randall Campus Center).
3. All advertising must be approved by the Office of Student Development. This includes sidewalk chalk, balloons, banners, table tents, etc. Posters need to be approved and stamped by Office of Student Development staff.
4. Posters must be neat and legible. Please check all spelling and details of the event being advertised. Posters with errors, misspellings, or inappropriate or questionable content will not be approved.
5. Posters must indicate the sponsoring organization or publisher.
6. Posters must not be placed on top of previously approved postings.
7. All postings must reflect the mission, purpose, and standards of Malone.
8. The Office of Student Development reserves the right to remove or reject postings not meeting the above stated guidelines.
9. Postings will be limited to no more than two (2) weeks unless prior arrangements are made with the Office for Student Development.