Graduate School Exploration Questions
The following are questions to consider and ask a graduate school representative:
- What is the reputation of the college/university?
- What is the reputation of the academic area I am seeking?
- What are the general requirements as well as the degree requirements in my field of study?
- What do I need to do for acceptance as a graduate student in your program, e.g. the Graduate Record Exam (GRE), admission requirements and deadlines?
- How many credit hours are required to complete the program?
- How many credits can I take each semester?
- How many credits will it take to defer a college loan if I have one?
- How many credits are required to be full-time or part-time?
- Are there financial aid sources that will not be available to me if I attend only part time?
- How is the class schedule structured?
- What about fellowships or assistantships? What other financial aid information is available?
- How rigorous is the program?
- What is the climate of the campus?
- What is the success rate of your graduates upon graduation?
- What other information can you give me to help me with my research?