College Success Tips
Have a great college experience!
Success in college requires planning and organization.
Use these tips to make the most of your college experience.
Get to know your college
- Visit your school's website
- Familiarize yourself with the campus
- Learn about nearby restaurants and activities
Use available resources
- Use the library
- Meet with your academic adviser early and often
- Speak to a career counselor about your future
- Get to know your instructors and professors
- Malone has so many resources waiting to be discovered!
- Maintain accurate records
- Evaluate your online presence
- Learn your school's rules and regulations
- Create a list of "favorites" in your cell phone of people to call in case of emergency
- Guard against theft by locking up your room, car, and valuables
Back up everything on your computer.
- Put campus security's number (330-471-8111) in your phone
Create a Plan
- Create a customized academic and career plan with the assistance of your academic adviser and career counselor