Do you waste time looking for things?
Do you forget to bring what you need to class?
Are there loose papers in your notebooks?
Do you finish assignments at the last minute?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you may want to work on improving your organizational skills.
- Make sure where you're studying is comfortable, quiet, and well-lit
- Have a surface for writing
- Have all supplies (paper, pencils, pens, calculator)
- Have a folder for each class
- Use them for homework assignments, returned papers, and handouts
- Clean out papers you don't need
- Put returned tests and important papers in a safe place
- Use spiral or three-ring notebooks
- Use to take notes during class
- If you are absent, get a copy of the notes and insert them where they belong
- Make sure to locate your professor's number on each syllabus in case you need it.
- Have a phone number for at least one person in class, so if you miss class or have a question you'll have someone to call