Become a savvy consumer on- and off- campus!
Money Management Tips
Check out textbook options
Comparison shop for textbooks on the bookstore and other online sites
- Consider your options (rent from the bookstore, buy used or new if necessary)
- Resell unwanted books immediately after final exams
Ditch your car
- Use public transportation, a bike, or walk around campus or to nearby locations
- If you do drive, do not become the "campus taxi" for all your friends
Eat well and wisely
- Research your options with meal plans in the cafeteria
- Know that small purchases add up!
- Be aware of how often you are making trips to fast-food restaurants
Have a weekly budget
- Keep track of "fixed expenses" and "variable expenses"
- Save and record receipts when using cash
Discounts and Freebies
- Check our bookstore for sales
- Take advantage of free entertainment and sporting events on campus
Earn while you learn
- Consider an on- or off-campus job, but work less than 20 or 25 hours per week if you are keeping a full-time class schedule