Do you take too many notes? Not enough?
Do you have a hard time knowing what to write down?
Are your notes difficult to read?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you may want to work on improving your note-taking skills.
- Having good notes will help you perform better on tests
- Taking notes helps you pay attention during class
Here are some note-taking tips:
- Don't write in complete sentences
- Don't worry about punctuation, grammar, or spelling
- Use symbols and abbreviations to help you take notes faster
- If a professor writes information on the board or repeats it, write it down
Go over the notes while the information is fresh in your mind
- Rewrite anything that's confusing
- Fill in the spaces
- Highlight the most important information
- Review your notes within 6 hours of writing them, again within 24 hours, and then on a regular schedule until the next exam