Succeeding in Class
Do you ever go to class unprepared?
Do you sometimes daydream in class?
Do you wish your grades were higher?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you may want to try some new strategies to help you succeed in your classes.
Three things you much do
- Have a positive attitude
- Do all of the work that's assigned
- Give each class your best effort
Tips for School Success
Be in class
- Attendance is the number one success factor!
- You don't want to miss discussions, notes, presentations, assignments, quizzes, or tests
- It is hard to make up everything that you missed
Do Your Homework
- Homework can be a significant portion of your final grade in some classes
- You must do all of the reading and homework to succeed
Learn to Adapt
- Learn how to adapt to different sets of classroom rules, teaching styles, and personalities
Prepare for Class
- Have your homework done
- Bring all necessary materials to class
- Come to class well rested, alert, and ready to learn
Participate in Class
- Makes the class more interesting
- Keeps you focused
- Ask questions!
Be a Good Group Member
- Do your part
- Be respectful in class
- Stay off your phone, computer, etc.
- Don't talk or be a distraction to the teacher or others around you
Take Responsibility For Your grades
- Always do your own work
- Don't make excuses for poor grades
- Figure out how to do better next time
- Eat a good diet, be physically active, and get plenty of rest
- Set short-term and long-term goals
Get Help If You Need It
- Don't be afraid to ask questions or seek help from peers, counselors, or professors