Writing a Paper
Do you ever feel overwhelmed when you have a paper to write?
Do you skip the outline and just start writing?
Do you wait until the last minute to begin?
If you answered yes to any of these questions above, you may want to work on improving your writing skills.
- Create a strong opening paragraph
- Include a bold statement, notable quote, statistic, or interesting example
- Make sure that you have a thesis statement that's clear and concise
- End with a strong closing paragraph
- Restate or summarize the main ideas
- Always identify another person's words (quotation marks, footnotes, Works Cited page)
- Check that your paper is the proper length
- Follow the instructions
- Turn your paper in on time