D. Nathan Phinney
My wife Janelle and I live just south of Malone's campus and frequently can be found taking walks in the neighborhood. In addition to my work at Malone, I have a few hobbies. I enjoy running, disc golf, and sailing local lakes. I also enjoy large home remodeling projects. We have a son, William and twin daughters, Claire and Victoria.
- Ph.D., Old Testament, Yale University Graduate School, May 2004
- M.Phil., Old Testament, Yale University Graduate School, May 2001
- M.A., Old Testament, Yale University Graduate School, May 1999
- M.A.R., Bible Concentrate, Yale University Divinity School, May 1997
- B.A., summa cum laude, Biblical Studies, Taylor University (IN), May 1990
Recent Scholarly Work
- Publications "Call/Commission Narratives" in Dictionary of the Old Testament: Prophets. Edited by J. Gordon McConville and Mark J. Boda. Downers Grove, Ill.: Intervarsity Press, 2010.
- "Portraying Prophetic Experience and Tradition in Ezekiel," in Thus says the LORD: Essays in Honor of Robert Wilson. Edited by John Ahn. London: T & T Clark, 2009.
- "Ezekiel, Book of" in The Dictionary of Early Judaism. Edited by John J. Collins and Daniel Harlow. Grand Rapids: Eerdmans.
- "Zechariah and Ezekiel: Life Writing in the Hebrew Bible," in Tradition in Transition. Edited by Mark J. Boda and Michael H. Floyd. London: T & T Clark, 2008.
- "The Prophetic Objection in Ezekiel 4:14 and Its Relation to Ezekiel's Call," in Vetus Testamentum 55:1 (April 2005). Papers Presented "Memory in Exile: The Function and Meaning of Memory in Ezekiel 8-11," presented at the national meeting of the Society of Biblical Literature, Boston, MA, November 2008.
- "The Representation of Prophetic Intermediation and the Book of Ezekiel," presented at the Eastern Great Lakes Biblical Society meeting, March 23, 2006. "Ezekiel's Prophetic Objection," presented at the "Theological Perspectives on the Book of Ezekiel" section of the Society of Biblical Literature, Houston, Texas, November 2004.