- B.A., Ouachita Baptist University
- M.A., The Graduate Center - City University of New York
- Ph.D., The Graduate Center - City University of New York
- 2013 - Present, Assistant Professor of Biology, Malone University
- 2013, Adjunct Assistant professor, la Guardia Community College, NY
- 2012 - 2013, Adjunct Instructor, Queens College, NY
- 2006 - 2011, Teaching Assistant, Queens College, NY
- 2008, Adjunct lecturer, la Guardia Community College, NY
- Invertebrate Zoology
- Vertebrate Zoology
- Comparative Vertebrate Anatomy and Physiology
- General Ecology
- Animal Behavior
Recent Scholarly Work
- Baker, M., Hossain, K., Zabierek, K., Collie, K., Alyokhin, A., Mota-Sanchez, D. & Whalon, M. 2014. Geographic variation in cannibalism in Colorado potato beetle (Coleoptera: Chrysomelidae) populations. Environmental Entomology, 43, 102-109.
- Collie, K., Kim, S.J. & Baker, M.B. 2013. Fitness consequences of sibling egg cannibalism by neonates of the Colorado potato beetle, Leptinotarsa decemlineata. Animal Behaviour, 85, 329-338.
I enjoy music, cooking, exercising, being outdoors, and spending time with friends. I love animals of all kinds, including my three cats, and I breed zebra finches as a hobby.