- Ph.D. in Education, University of Akron
- School Nurse License, Ashland University
- Masters of Science in Nursing, George Mason University
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, George Mason University
- Diploma of Registered Nursing, Mercy School of Nursing
- MALONE UNIVERSITY
Professor of Nursing - Responsible for education of nursing students in the classroom and clinical setting. Teaching sophomore level Fundamentals/Medical Surgical, junior level Medical/Surgical, and community health and critical care in the senior level. Coordinator, School Nurse Program - Responsible for clinical and classroom education
- NORTHEASTERN OHIO UNIVERSITIES COLLEGE OF MEDICINE - Adjunct Faculty-Responsible for education of medical students regarding patient-physician communication skills -Consultant for community health clinical agencies
- AULTMAN HEALTH FOUNDATION - Education Development, PRN in variety of roles Clinical Specialist, Perinatal Areas; served as a clinical resource person for perinatal areas. Responsible for education of students in pediatrics, obstetrics, critical care, medical/surgical, community health, fundamentals in the classroom and clinical setting. Previously served as Coordinator, Continuing Education - reviewed all educational programs according to OBN standards. Also served as Coordinator, Education/Development, responsible for daily supervision and activities of education and development; and Coordinator, Management/Development, in which reviewed all educational programs according to OBN standards
- WALSH UNIVERSITY, North Canton, Ohio Nursing Instructor, 1991-1992, responsible for education of nursing students both in the classroom and the clinical setting in Fundamentals, Medical/Surgical Nursing
- GEORGE MASON UNIVERSITY, Fairfax, Virginia Clinical Nursing Instructor, 1/91-6/91-Responsible for education of nursing students in community settings.
- PRINCE GEORGE'S COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Largo, Maryland Clinical Nursing Instructor, 8/90-8/91-Responsible for education of nursing students both in the classroom and in the clinical setting in pediatric nursing-Served as a classroom instructor for medical surgical, pediatric nursing, and management.
- CLINICAL EXPERIENCE:AKRON GENERAL MEDICAL CENTER - Staff Registered Nurse, provided direct patient care on a part-time basis in a variety of critical care units according to hospital needs.
- AULTMAN HEALTH FOUNDATION - Staff Registered Nurse, provided direct patient care on a part-time basis in the pediatric/M/S units according to hospital needs.
- CAPITOL HILL HOSPITAL- Clinical Educator for a combined ICU/CCU. Was responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of educational programs of the unit; frequently coordinated hospital-wide educational opportunities and public outreach events; supervised cardiac monitor technicians and developed a quality assurance program to evaluate their performance. Previously served as assistant coordinator of the emergency department, house nursing supervisor, and staff registered nurse in a combined ICU/CCU.
- O'BLENESS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL - Staff Registered Nurse
- TIMKEN MERCY MEDICAL CENTER - Critical Care Specialty Float Nurse; trained as staff nurse for ICU, CCU, ASU, coronary step-down unit, emergency department, and PACU
Recent Scholarly Work
Invisible Farm Laborers: Treating TB among Mexican Migrant Workers in Northeastern, Ohio- Transcultural Nursing Association Annual Conference- Minneapolis, MN
I volunteer at the Hartville Migrant Center. I have been on the board for many years.